cloudy
Sa 6.6.
13/18°
overcast, rain
Su 7.6.
14/15°
overcast
Mo 8.6.
13/15°

České Budějovice town tour - Other churches

Church of Rosary Virgin Mary

Among other notable buildings in Žižka Avenue is the front of the Church of Rosary Virgin Mary. The single-nave construction was completed in 1900 and stands out due to its extraordinarily rich decorativeness. The entrance front itself is decorated with a large mosaic with figural motifs.

Church of the Divine Heart of Christ

The Church of the Divine Heart of Christ in Rudolfov Avenue was built in the New-Baroque style in 1903-1904. It was newly repaired from 1992 to 1993.

Church of St. Wenceslas

In the Prague Suburb you can find the New-Gothic Church of St. Wenceslas, which was built in 1868-1870. The construction of the three-nave church was initiated by local Bishop J. V. Jirsík.

Church of Holy Trinity

At the beginning of the 16th century a plague hospital was created off the area of town walls. It also included a single-nave Church of Holy Trinity. The hospital compound including the church was reconstructed and expanded in the third quarter of the 18th century. The hospital was used as a poorhouse in the 19th century and in the first half of the 20th century. The church interior was decorated with frescoes by painter F. J. Prokyš from Český Krumlov in 1763.