cloudy
We 26.6.
20/30°
almost clear
Th 27.6.
24/28°
clear sky
Fr 28.6.
16/24°

Recommended cycling paths

Several cycling paths in the surroundings of the České Budějovice town allow you to enjoy healthy exercise while discovering the beauties of the České Budějovice region.

Cycle path no. 1

    From Hluboká around Nová Obora
    41,0 km; moderately challenging path; trekking bikes

  • 0,0 Hluboká nad Vltavou – Touristically attractive, romantic Neo-Gothic chateau - originally a Royal castle from the 13th century, rebuilt in the years 1840-71 after the English Royal seat at Windsor, beautiful chateau park, in the area a former riding hall of the chateau the Aleš South Bohemia gallery with world famous collection of Gothic art from South Bohemia, European art from the 16th - 18th century and Czech art from the 19th and 20th century.
  • 2,0 Zámostí
  • 6,1 sv. Jan Nepomucký
  • 9,0 Poněšice - Memorial of folk architecture, foundry with bell tower.
  • 12,0 Líšnice
  • 16,8 Radonice - To the southeast of the village are the remains of a stronghold from the 14th century.
  • 18,8 Drahotěšice
  • 21,9 Ševětín - A church originally Early Gothic from the 13th century, renewed in 1568, again repaired in 1708. On the site of today’s inn was a courtyard on which from 1585 until the estate uprising, lived Šimon Lomnický of Budeč, known for his verse (memorial plaque).
  • 25,0 U Sv. Josefa
  • 27,0 Kolný
  • 29,0 Červený Újezdec
  • 32,7 Chata Na Kyselé vodě
  • 33,3 Obůrka
  • 35,5 U letiště
  • 36,5 Hosín - Pseudo-Romanesque Church of St. Peter and St. Paul from the end of the 19th century, on the eastern side of its main aisle is located the original Romanesque chapel, it is ranked among the oldest sacral buildings in Českobudějovicko, in 1901 in it were discovered wall paintings from the first half of the 14th century, the Church on its hilltop creates a significant landmark of the region.
  • 39,2 Zámostí
  • 41,2 Hluboká nad Vltavou

Cycle path no. 2

    To the largest fishponds of the České Budějovice region
    45,0 km; easy path; trekking bikes

    0,0 České Budějovice - The historical centre is an urban memorial reserve, founded by King Přemysl Otakar II in 1265 on the confluence of the rivers Vltava and Malše, a group of urban fortifications and battlement walls, squared central square with historical houses and covered walks, with Baroque Samson fountain, with an extensive Baroque town hall with chimes, the Cathedral of St. Nicholas, Renaissance “Černá věž“ (Black Tower) – originally a guard tower and the bell tower of the Cathedral, 72 m high, today accessible, on Piarist Square a former Dominican monastery with three-aisled church, founded contemporaneously with the town, armoury later a salt house, Renaissance Masné krámy (Butcher Shop) with Empire signboard – since 1953 a restaurant, Bishop's residence, Empire town theatre building from 1819 modern renovation, Neo-Renaissance Museum of South Bohemia, technical memorials are the former station house, former traveller's inn ”U zelené ratolesti“ (At the Green Sprig) and other operational buildings of a horse-driven railway.
  • 2,3 Výstaviště
  • 4,4 U Hada
  • 8,4 Třebín
  • 11,0 Dubné - Settlement noted since 1263. Gothic church from the 14th century, aisle with reticulated vault from 1525, spire from 1901. Remains of a stronghold from the 16th century in the Empire parsonage from 1846.
  • 11,8 Křenovice
  • 14,5 Žabovřesky
  • 16,4 U Holubovské bašty
  • 18,5 Dehtáře
  • 20,3 Břehov
  • 24,3 Čejkovice
  • 27,9 Bezdrevská bašta
  • 29,0 Zámek Ohrada
  • 30,5 Podskalská louka
  • 32,5 Bavorovice - A village belonging to the Monastery of St. George in Prague in 1277, conspicuous folk buildings of the blatský type from the 2nd half of the 19th century: nos. 4, 5, 13, 12, 21, a forge with bell tower.
  • 34,5 České Vrbné
  • 38,7 Haklovy Dvory
  • 40,0 Zavadilka
  • 41,0 Sídliště Máj
  • 45,0 České Budějovice

Cycle path no. 3

    Around the Hněvkovická reservoir
    43,0 km; heavy path; trekking bikes

  • 0,0 Hluboká nad Vltavou – Touristically attractive, romantic Neo-Gothic chateau - originally a Royal castle from the 13th century, rebuilt in the years 1840-71 after the English Royal seat at Windsor, beautiful chateau park, in the area a former riding hall of the chateau the Aleš South Bohemia gallery with world famous collection of Gothic art from South Bohemia, European art from the 16th - 18th century and Czech art from the 19th and 20th century.
  • 9,2 Chlumec
  • 10,3 Odbočka na Purkarec - A village with a rafting tradition, on the village green a memorial to raftsmen from Purkarec and vicinity, a museum of rafting “Hall of Rafting on the Vltava” was again opened in 1995, folk buildings in the style of peasant Baroque, Gothic church from the 14th century, pseudo–Romanesque tower, Baroque furnishings, the lower section of the village was flooded by the Hněvkovická reservoir.
  • 17,0 Litoradice - Prehistoric walled town Halstatt-Laten.
  • 19,3 Hráz Hněvkovické nádrže
  • 20,7 Hněvkovice na pravém břehu Vltavy – (Hněvkovice on the right bank of the Vltava) A Renaissance chateau from the 17th century, rebuilt into an agricultural institute. One kilometre above the village the reservoir begins, completed in 1991. Its lake stretches up to Hluboká nad Vltavou.
  • 28,5 Hroznějovice
  • 30,3 Kostelec
  • 34,0 Poněšice - Memorial of folk architecture, foundry with bell tower.
  • 40,8 Zámostí
  • 42,8 Hluboká nad Vltavou

Cycle path no. 4

    From České Budějovice to Zlatá Koruna and Římov
    54,6 km; easy path; road and trekking bikes

  • 0,0 České Budějovice – The historical centre is an urban memorial reserve, founded by King Přemysl Otakar II in 1265 on the confluence of the rivers Vltava and Malše, a group of urban fortifications and battlement walls, squared central square with historical houses and covered walks, with Baroque Samson fountain, with an extensive Baroque town hall with chimes, the Cathedral of St. Nicholas, Renaissance “Černá věž“ (Black Tower) – originally a guard tower and the bell tower of the Cathedral, 72 m high, today accessible, on Piarist Square a former Dominican monastery with three-aisled church, founded contemporaneously with the town, armoury later a salt house, Renaissance Masné krámy (Butcher Shop) with Empire signboard – since 1953 a restaurant, Bishop's residence, Empire town theatre building from 1819 modern renovation, Neo-Renaissance Museum of South Bohemia, technical memorials are the former station house, former traveller's inn ”U zelené ratolesti“ (At the Green Sprig) and other operational buildings of a horse-driven railway.
  • 6,1 Boršov nad Vltavou – Later Gothic church from the 15th century with contemporary wall paintings, a small chapel from 1719, in the Poříčí part there is a small Baroque chateau from the 17th century on the site of a stronghold.
  • 10,0 Kamenný Újezd – Later Gothic church from the end of the 15th century, Calvary at a garden south of the church, two stone passes of the former horse-driven railway and guard house at the recreational pond Štilec.
  • 19,2 Zlatá Koruna – (The Golden Crown) Monastery Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, triple-aisle, originally Gothic from the end of the 13th century, altered turned Baroque in 1663. Former lay Church of St. Margaret, in core Gothic from the years 1330–1340, modified Baroque in the 2nd half of the 17th century. In 1785 it was terminated and changed into a military barracks, in 1815 into a fountain pencil factory and in 1842 into a match factory of the company Bernard Furth Sušice and in 1902 changed again into apartments. The Cistercian monastery from 1263 was dissolved by Joseph II and today has a permanent exhibition of Literature and storage for the science library.
  • 25,5 Mojné
  • 30,8 Velešín – Remains of horse-draw railway. Original Renaissance town hall from 1611, ruins of a castle from the 13th century on a promontory over the Malše river.
  • 34,8 Římov – Extensive pilgrimage complex built during the 17th and 18th century by jesuits from Český Krumlov, Church of the Holy Spirit, Loretan chapel, bell tower, enclosed wall area with gate, in the surroundings of the village is located a chapel of a unique Holy Way with about 25 stations.
  • 40,2 Doudleby – Fortress site from the 9th to the 12th centuries, administrative centre of the Dúdleby tribe and in the 10th century of the Slavníkovci, Early Gothic Church of St. Vincent, Baroque rebuilt, Later Gothic parsonage, originally a fort, Baroque Chapel of St. Barbara with a well.
  • 43,7 Plav
  • 48,7 Roudné
  • 54,6 České Budějovice

Cycle path no. 5

    Around the lower reach Malše
    33,0 km; moderately challenging path; road and trekking bikes

  • 0,0 České Budějovice – The historical centre is an urban memorial reserve, founded by King Přemysl Otakar II in 1265 on the confluence of the rivers Vltava and Malše, a group of urban fortifications and battlement walls, squared central square with historical houses and covered walks, with Baroque Samson fountain, with an extensive Baroque town hall with chimes, the Cathedral of St. Nicholas, Renaissance “Černá věž“ (Black Tower) – originally a guard tower and the bell tower of the Cathedral, 72 m high, today accessible, on Piarist Square a former Dominican monastery with three-aisled church, founded contemporaneously with the town, armoury later a salt house, Renaissance Masné krámy (Butcher Shop) with Empire signboard – since 1953 a restaurant, Bishop's residence, Empire town theatre building from 1819 modern renovation, Neo-Renaissance Museum of South Bohemia, technical memorials are the former station house, former traveller's inn ”U zelené ratolesti“ (At the Green Sprig) and other operational buildings of a horse-driven railway.
  • 5,9 Staré Hodějovice – Neo-Gothic chapel from 1900, discovered to the west were the remains of a settlement, which existed from the middle Bronze Age until the 13th century.
  • 10,0 Borovnice
  • 13,0 Střížkov
  • 15,4 Komařice – On the site of an older stronghold is a two-storey Renaissance chateau from the years 1565–1566, in the 17th and 19th centuries it was modified, Chapel of St. Jan Nepomuk, statue of the Immaculate from the 1st half of the 18th century.
  • 19,2 Římov – Extensive pilgrimage complex built during the 17th and 18th century by jesuits from Český Krumlov, Church of the Holy Spirit, Loretan chapel, bell tower, enclosed wall area with gate, in the surroundings of the village is located a chapel of a unique Holy Way with about 25 stations.
  • 22,3 Doudleby – Fortress site from the 9th to the 12th centuries, administrative centre of the Dúdleby tribe and in the 10th century of the Slavníkovci, Early Gothic Church of St. Vincent, Baroque rebuilt, Later Gothic parsonage, originally a fort, Baroque Chapel of St. Barbara with a well.
  • 24,3 Plav
  • 28,3 Roudné
  • 33,5 České Budějovice